At 1:35am I got a phone call from her letting me know her midwife had been called and so I got up, got dressed, and headed to their house.
I arrived at 2:15. By 2:30 her team of midwives had all arrived.
It was so incredible being there and visiting with Lisa as she labored. It brought back so many memories of my own births. There certainly was a very sweet spirit in their home throughout the night.
Around 6am Ben woke up Caleb, Loryn, and Elijah and I loved seeing their excitement about the impending birth of their new brother. A little before 7am Ady woke up too and she was just as excited as the others.
Lisa was really concerned that this birth was going so differently than all the others, that it was taking so much longer.
About 7:10am her midwife had her get into the birth pool. Lisa looked a little comfortable but didn't make a peep. And then all of a sudden she made a quick movement in the tub and turned around. Everyone thought she was just changing positions but then she said, "there's the baby and pointed into the water".
It was incredible!
The midwives quickly helped her grab the baby and untangle the cord.
It was absolutely beautiful. I am so grateful I was able to be there and witness Noah's birth. Lisa is such an amazing woman. She's so calm and collected... exactly the opposite of me in labor. :)
The Doolittle family, party of 7











TheFeministBreeder








3 comments:
Beautiful family. : )
Love to all Aunt Linda
Absolutely beautiful birth story, and you did a perfect job capturing it. LOVE
What a beautiful night and day! Glad you were there and able to capture it.
Post a Comment