Friday, September 6, 2013

Relay for Life

This afternoon, as I was waiting for the bus to arrive, Ben called and I thought for sure he was calling to say Lisa was in labor. Unfortunately for her, that wasn't why he was calling...

But, he was calling to invite us to join their family at the Bartow Country Relay for Life. I'm so glad he called, I love Relay for Life.

Although seeing Ben walk with the Survivors made me so emotional.
 The kids all wanted to add a little artwork to the bags. They were really proud of their work.

 Lisa & the kids walked the Caretaker lap... (hoping it would help that baby boy move on down!)
 
Finally, after waiting what felt like forever (for us & the kids!) the Luminaries were lit... and we called it a night!

So glad we were able to be there and feel the spirit of HOPE that is so powerful at Relay for Life.

2 comments:

TheKeilShpeel said...

What an amazing day and really hope all that walking put Lisa into labor today.

KickButtMommy said...

I love Relay For Life. Great pictures. Especially the one of Ben and his kids.